HVAC Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying a New Furnace
Are you planning to replace your old furnace this fall? An HVAC system is a great investment. That is why you need to plot things thoroughly to make the most of the money you spent. To help you out, here is a list of the things that you need to consider when purchasing a new furnace:
- System Type. There are two types of units that you can choose from: a split system or a packaged one. Split systems are composed of a condensing unit, furnace, and coil located on top of the furnace. A packaged system has all these components contained in one convenient outdoor unit. An HVAC technician can help you determine which one is best for your home.
- Fuel Source. You can choose from gas, electric and oil heating. Gas furnaces are economical and the widely used type of furnace. Oil furnaces are more expensive to operate and may require larger space for the unit. Electric furnaces are great alternatives to natural gas but can drastically increase your energy bill when the cold season steps in.
- Correct Sizing. Of course, proper sizing is crucial when it comes to your heating and cooling system. Too large and too small furnaces can have a great impact on your comfort and savings. That is why before purchasing equipment, it is best to seek advice from HVAC professionals. They can perform a load calculation to determine the right size of unit for your home.
- Furnace Pricing. Let us not forget the fact that money matters in HVAC replacement and installation. Aside from the actual price of the furnace, there are other things that you need to include in your budgets such as the cost of labor, indoor air quality features and necessary fixes in the air distribution system. Be sure to explore your options before making a fixed decision.
- Warranty, Rebates, and Incentives. Newly purchased HVAC systems come with a warranty for a certain timespan. Be sure to talk to your HVAC contractor and know what the warranty covers. Additionally, when you purchase high-efficient furnaces for your home, you can qualify for local utility rebates and incentives that can result in greater savings.
Take advantage of the many benefits that a new furnace system can offer. If you are ready for your fall HVAC replacement and upgrade project, take the first step by calling us at Environmental Heating and Cooling. Talk to our experts today!